The prestigious award has been running since 1929. Oscar Award 2017 Some odd trivia of Oscar that we don’t know about the awards and nominees are presenting here:
- To spotlight the event’s long-running history, the red carpet is flanked by two pillars that beat the name of every Best Picture winner since the show’s inception. Interestingly, there’s enough room for the Academy to keep adding winners through 2071.
- The official name of Oscar statuette is Academy Award of Merit. It is widely believed that the trophy received its nickname from Academy librarian Margaret Herrick, who said that the little gold man looked like her ‘Uncle Oscar’.
The Oscars are the most exclusive star-studded event, but the very first ceremony in 1929 was a private affair held at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and a ticket cost just $5 Oscar Award 2017.
- In 1940, the Los Angeles Times broke the press embargo and printed the list of the Academy winners before the ceremony. Since then, there’s much more secrecy surrounding the results.
- In 1953, Walt Disney took home trophies for best documentary short subject, best two-reel short subject, maximum for any single Oscar ceremony.
- In 1973, Marlon Brando refused to accept his award for ‘The Godfather’ and sent a young Native American woman named Sacheen Littlefeather to read a prepared statement in his place. He was upset with the under representation of natives in Hollywood.
- Tatum O’Neal own best supporting actress for ‘Paper Moon’ (1973) at the age of 10, making her the youngest Oscar winner.
- ‘The Godfather Part 2’ (1974) is still the only sequel to ever receive a win for best picture.
- Despite 20 nominations, Kevin O’Connell is yet to win a single statue, making him the unluckiest Oscar nominee of all time.
- The record for shortest Oscar acceptance speech is shared by Alfred Hitchcock and William Holden. They both simply said, “Thank you.”
- ‘The Lord of the Ring: Return of the King’ is the only movie to sweep the slow by winning every award it was nominated for, at 76th annual Academy Awards.
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (1991) was the first animated movie to receive a best picture nomination.
- Prior to the main show, rehearsals are help where celebs show up to practice their lines announce the winner and present an award using fake Oscars.
- Woody Allen refuses to attend or present at the Oscars, despite winning three awards.A truck driver stole 52 Oscar trophies in 2000.Two trophies were found in the trash. Another one was eventually discovered by FBI agents during a drug investigation, three years later.